Residential real estate sales are steadily increasing across the country as many homeowners put their homes on the market. For most looking to sell, they might need to make some minor repairs and upgrades to make it more attractive to purchase. Buyers don’t want to have to make the expensive repairs themselves.
If you’re selling your home, the goal is to get the highest sales price possible and stay on par with other homes around yours. An excellent exterior paint job from an Atlanta painting company can help. Here’s how better curb appeal can boost the chances of selling your home.
What You’ll Get Out of An Exterior Paint Job
You might think that repainting the interior of your home is a priority, but realtors will tell you that painting the exterior can make or break a sale. Rather than installing new siding, fresh paint offers a more economical choice for sellers.
Between wind, hail, snow, rain, and UV rays, mother nature can be tough on your home. Paint acts as a protective outer shield coating for your siding. It provides an extra layer of protection against precipitation and moisture that can lead to mold and mildew damage. Using this as a selling point on your home’s listing can go a long way.
When buyers pull up to your house, they’ll appreciate a new coat of paint. Not only will it look more modern, but it’s one less project they have to do upon moving in. Studies show that giving your exterior a modern paint makeover enhances the potential value by 2-5% and a more attractive return of 141%.
For example, if you spend $2,000 on new paint, you can expect a home value increase of roughly $2,800. You earn an extra $800 in addition to the job paying for itself.
Choosing the Right Color
Painting the outside of your home is no small decision. The right color will highlight the most beautiful and important features of your home. With that in mind, here are some tips for choosing the right hue:
- To make your house appear larger, go with lighter colors.
- Make sure the paint complements the materials of your home’s structure, such as the roof, brick, stone, or stucco.
- Paint porch ceilings a lighter color to reflect natural light and brighten the spirit of your home. Use a warm yellow-white as opposed to a cool blue-white for porch ceilings.
- When making your paint decision, stand outside in natural light. Bright light or fluorescent lighting in a home can create glare that distorts your perception of the color.
- Put darker colors toward the bottom of the house to avoid a “top-heavy” feel.
J. Stevens is the painting contractor Atlanta homeowners call for detailed estimates, competitive pricing, and on-time appointments. Whether you’d like to paint an accent wall, or the entire exterior of your house, no job is too big or small. For your next project, give J. Stevens a call at 770-365-6889.